Philips spotlights intelligent, interoperable solutions to drive patient outcomes, clinical excellence and operational efficiency at HIMSS 2018
AMSTERDAM, March 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Featuring new and enhanced intelligent connected health solutions at the 2018 HIMSS Conference & Exhibition (HIMSS18), Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), a global leader in health technology, will showcase a broad range of population health management, clinical informatics, cloud-based technology and advanced monitoring analytics solutions to help enhance decision support, improve clinical performance, and drive operational efficiency.
The amount and quality of data available to support clinical decisions is exploding, but data is trapped in silos throughout the hospital enterprise. With health care costs escalating and reimbursements declining, hospital IT leaders are further challenged with ongoing consolidation that creates fragmented IT systems. EHR (electronic health record) implementation and interoperability challenges require seamless cross-system data sharing and collaboration to support clinicians and improve clinical workflow.
Philips has enhanced its deep healthcare informatics portfolio with its most recent acquisition of Forcare, a leader in open-standards-based interoperability software solutions, providing seamless and secure data integration across multiple hospital systems and care settings. Combined with Philips IntelliSpace Enterprise Edition – a full suite of interoperable healthcare informatics applications and services for hospitals and integrated health networks – Philips is helping to meet the evolving challenges of budget constraints and the management, interoperability, security and value maximization of health data and IT platforms.
At the same time, as care moves from the hospital to lower cost settings, including the home, a proactive approach to acute care and precisions diagnostics is needed to help improve health and reduce costs for entire patient populations. With the acquisition of VitalHealth, a leading provider of cloud-based population health management solutions for the delivery of personalized care outside the hospital, Philips has expanded its Population Health Management portfolio with advanced capabilities to manage chronic disease care pathways across multiple settings and disciplines, while actively tracking patient-reported outcomes.
"Philips' deep expertise in healthcare information technology, including AI, combined with insights gained from our strong customer relationships, uniquely positions us to unlock the collective intelligence and insights across departments within the hospital to deliver the right information at the right time to clinicians," said Carla Kriwet, CEO, Connected Care and Health Informatics, Philips. "At the core of our HIMSS presence this year is our adaptive intelligence approach and open architecture technologies to help improve interoperability and to enable superior data-driven clinical decisions, improve staff and equipment productivity and drive better patient outcomes and engagement."
Philips showcases commitment to deliver the goal of more seamless care
Philips will introduce and spotlight integrated technologies empowering data-driven clinical decisions to deliver value-based care in hospital and ambulatory settings. Intelligent technologies help improve interoperability to optimize care pathways, workflows and asset management across key areas including:
- Population Health and Virtual Care Solutions:
- An expanded suite of population health management and patient engagement offerings feature VitalHealth and Wellcentive, Philips' comprehensive cloud-based informatics platform, which manages 2.5 Billion patient data points per month across 50 states nationwide, driving $700 million in value-based reimbursements in 2017.
- Philips telehealth and eICU programs enable significant cost savings, to help improve patient outcomes with lower mortality rates and shorter lengths of stay, to improve accessibility of healthcare and caregiver satisfaction.
- Remote patient management in the home includes Philips' latest medication adherence solution, demonstrating a 53 percent reduction in ED visits .
- CareSage predictive analytics help identify emerging risk patients to provide early intervention to reduce costs and improve outcomes.
- Sleep and Respiratory Care data from therapy devices can be converted into actionable insights on demand via Philips Care Orchestrator software platform, enabling remote patient management to help avoid unnecessary costly home visits.
- Acute Care, Early Detection and Intervention:
- Philips IntelliVue Guardian with Early Warning Scoring is shown to reduce respiratory and cardiac arrests by more than 50 percent on general care floors for some customers .
- IntelliSpace Console joins Philips' portfolio of solutions to help reduce clinical cognitive overload and medical errors.
- Clinical Informatics:
- Philips IntelliSpace Enterprise Edition (ISEE) is a full suite of interoperable healthcare applications and services for hospital-wide healthcare informatics to help drive cost savings, improved workflows and enhanced patient care.
- Focused offerings for radiology and cardiology informatics within ISEE now include the latest iteration of the IntelliSpace Cardiovascular platform, and full integration with IntelliSpace Portal, the 2018 KLAS Category Leader in Advanced Visualization.
- Driving forward precision medicine and the management of IT systems, Philips' IntelliSpace Genomics, IntelliSpace Oncology , IntelliSite Pathology and ISEE are all designed to streamline seamless data integration to provide actionable insights.
Integration, interoperability, IoT and AI – both in the cloud and on-premise – help optimize care pathways, workflows and system utilization, which are critical to operational, clinical and financial efficiency. Philips solutions across key areas include:
- Data Integration and Artificial Intelligence (AI):
- Built on Philips HealthSuite, Philips will introduce HealthSuite Insights, a new data science platform to address the advancing adoption of analytics and artificial intelligence in healthcare, with integrated Blockchain security services.
- Also new is Philips Insights Marketplace, an ecosystem of curated, readily available AI assets for license, giving healthcare organizations and technology vendors the ability to share and commercialize valuable AI assets within the healthcare community.
- Intelligent Workflow and Interoperability:
- With the recent acquisition of Forcare, Philips has expanded its suite of intelligent solutions designed to enhance interoperability and data sharing.
- Philips PerformanceBridge optimizes operational departmental performance, bringing together data, people and services to bridge the gap between data and decision making.
- Internet of Things
- Philips HealthSuite Cloud brings IoT to healthcare, seamlessly managing and connecting 11 million Philips and third-party devices in a secure, cloud-based platform.
- FocusPoint, a new intuitive web-based management system offers enhanced visibility into equipment health, troubleshooting capabilities, and performance of patient monitoring solutions to improve biomedical and IT department productivity.
Executives Discuss Key Themes Facing Industry
Philips customers, executives and industry thought leaders will lead conversations on the latest health IT solutions throughout the event in the Philips Booth. Participants, including Nicholas Thompson, editor in chief of WIRED, will discuss topics ranging from the digital disruption in consumer healthcare, to the smart hospital of the future, to AI and machine learning. Details of speakers and session topics can be found at: www.philips.com/himss.
Philips will have a significant presence in key areas at HIMSS including the Industry Solutions Showcase, where Philips Wellcentive and MGM Resorts International will discuss the topic of "Managing Your Entire Population to Avoid Value-Based Failure." Philips will also present in the AI & Machine Learning Showcase, featuring Roy Smythe, Chief Medical Officer, Strategy & Partnerships at Philips who will discuss the "Perpetual Global Clinical Trial." The full schedule is available at: www.philips.com/himss.
Beyond the show floor, Philips executives will participate in the HX360™ forum co-located at HIMSS18, featuring:
- Views from the Top: Jan Kimpen, Chief Medical Officer for Philips, will be joined by David Higginson, CIO of Phoenix Children's Hospital, in a discussion on the changing role and priorities of the CIO, Tuesday, March 6 at 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. PT.
- Fireside Chat: Global view of healthcare, featuring Frans van Houten, CEO, Royal Philips, Wednesday, March 7 at 12:52 – 1:12 p.m. PT.
For more information on Philips' full suite of intelligent and integrated solutions in health IT management, visit booth #3812 at the 2018 Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition taking place March 5-9 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, NV. For updates on Philips' presence at HIMSS, follow @PhilipsLiveFrom and visit www.philips.com/himss.
 Muir D. Medication dispensing system: emergency room & acute hospital admissions. Fraser Health; 2013.
 Results from case studies are not predictive of results in other cases. Results in other cases may vary.
 Not available in all markets. Not for Sale in the US.
For further information, please contact:
Philips Group Press Office
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2017 sales of EUR 17.8 billion and employs approximately 74,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/philips-spotlights-intelligent-interoperable-solutions-to-drive-patient-outcomes-clinical-excellence-and-operational-efficiency-at-himss-2018-300606654.html
SOURCE Royal Philips
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- January 2019
- San Francisco: Biotech Showcase
- San Francisco: RESI San Francisco 2019
- February 2019
- New York: BIO CEO & Investor Conference